Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bagel Thin Buffalo Tofu Pizzas

I wanted to make a buffalo tofu pizza, but I didn't want to make some homemade pizza crust and wait.  I wanted to make something quick and good.  On the table I had a bag of Everything Bagel Thins.  These are perfect because they don't have a high calorie count and the top of one bagel with all the toppings would be more than enough for dinner.  At the same time, with all the working out I do, eating both the top and bottom wouldn't be so bad as well.  The outcome turned out better than I could imagine.

I also made another one with plain pizza toppings for my dad.  He loves thin crusts, and it was perfect for him.  I loved how the buffalo tofu turned out, and I did bake it before putting it on the bagels to make the pizza.  Simple and quick, these are just so good. 

When making buffalo sauce, I have a tendency to make it really hot.  It's a matter of preference and eye balling it for me.  To make the buffalo tofu, simply take 2 Tbsp. of melted Earth Balance buttery spread and add Frank's Red Hot sauce to it until it becomes orange.  Taste and make sure it has the right heat for you.  Then, add salt and pepper if desired.  I usually add some pepper but no salt.  The sauce already has enough for me.  Put the tofu (about 8 oz. cubed) in a pan lined with aluminium foil.  Pour the buffalo sauce over the tofu and toss.  Cover with more foil and pop into a 350 degrees preheated oven.  Check the tofu and stir ocassionally.  In 30 minutes, take the top piece of foil off and cook for another 15.  You should have some really great buffalo tofu.  It is great on a wrap, by itself, on a buffalo pizza, or on a mini buffalo bagel thin pizza.

Ingredients

Buffalo Tofu
2 Tbsp. diced onion
2 Tbsp. diced banana pepper
2 Tbsp. diced tomato
1/4 c. Daiya cheese shreds
1 Everything Bagel Thin

Directions:

1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.) On a small baking sheet, separate the bagel top from bottom.  Lay both part on the pan, crust side down.
3.) Put half of the ingredients on each bagel thin and top with the Daiya cheese.
4.) Put in the oven until the cheese is melted.  If you want the cheese to be a little crispy, turn the oven onto low broil and watch carefully.
5.) Remove from oven, transfer to plate, and chow down.

These are going to be a go-to staple for me when I have little to no time but want a lot of flavor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment