Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Banana Carob Puppy Pops

I have two beloved monsters: Zuki and Brom.



For those who don't know, Zuki is the Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and Brom is the Golden Retriever mix.  I love them both so very much.  Every now and then, I like to make them something special, a homemade treat.  Sometimes I bake them up some cookies, and sometimes I make them something frozen.  Today, I made them Banana Carob Pops.


These are made simply using an ice tray and a blender.


These are quick easy treats for dogs, and ya know, people can totally eat them, too.  And yes, even these are vegan. 

Ingredients:

1 ripe banana
1-2 Tbsp. Carob
1/4 c. natural peanut butter
1/3 c. natural apple sauce
1 c. water
Pinch of cinnamon

Directions:

1. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into an ice tray.
3. Place in the freezer until frozen solid.
4. Pop out and let your pups chow down.

You could always take the wet mix and add in oats and whole wheat flour to make a cookie for the dogs as well.  When I do this, I add in some unsweetened carob chips as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment