Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chocolate Black Raspberry Quinoa

I woke up this morning with several cravings going on silmultaneously.  I wanted chocolate, something crunchy, some black raspberries, and some quinoa.  I thought how easy it would be to get this all just by fixing some breakfast quinoa with black raspberries.  The trickier part was how to get the chocolate and something crunchy.  I have some Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter which is DIVINE, but it wouldn't give me the something crunchy.  Instead, I opted for adding a little bit of dark chocolate almond milk and some pistachios


It turned out lovely.  I had to think ahead and not just put the dark chocolate almond milk in, but water as well.  The quinoa would not turn out right if I had just used the almond milk.  And the pistachios really went well with this combination.  I usually have a variety of nuts on hand at all times because I love to use them in recipes and snack on them.  Pistachios are one of my favorites though.


 While making the rest of the recipe, I may have munched on these a little.  Just a little though *winks*.

Black raspberries are my favorite.  I absolutely love them.  When I was little, I would go out and turn myself purple picking and eating these little berries.  I once asked why they had rocks in them (the seeds).  But I still loved them and ate them anyways.  This past summer, two of my uncles and I went and picked a bunch on a hillside by a side road.


I loved every minute of picking these with my Uncle Tommy and my Uncle Clyde Roger.  And I may have eaten a few, just like when I was little.

Onward to the recipe!

Ingredients

1/2 c. quinoa
1/2 c. dark chocolate almond milk
3/4 c. water
1 c. black raspberries
1/2 c. unsalted roasted pistachios

Directions:

1. In a rice cooker, add teh quinoa, dark chocolate almond milk, water, and black raspberries.
2. Add as many of the pistachios as you want into your bowl.
3. When quinoa is cooked, dip it out over the pistachios and mix together.
4. Chow down.

These quinoa breakfast recipes are super simple, but super tasty and a good, healthy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment