Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games... and Black Bean Brownies.

I promised that I would put up a recipe a day, but tonight, I didn't really cook anything.  You have those days, right?  Well, I ate some snacky-type things, went off and ran one and a half miles, walked with my friend Jen for 45 minutes, did one hour of Zumba instructions, and then went of to see The Hunger Games with Jen.  After having read 2 1/2 of the books (I'm working on the third), I was nervous about how the movie would turn out.  I was right.  They changed things that never needed to be changed, added things that didn't need to be there, and left out things that should have been in there. 

But I digress.  So, to keep up with my word of recipes, I am giving you a recipe for which I do not have pictures.  It is still super tasty and good. I give you, Black Bean Brownies!

I know that many of you are thinking that I am either a.) out of my mind or b.) have no taste buds.  But the thruth is that these are simple, quick, and super tasty. 

Black Bean Brownies

Ingredients:
1. Box of vegan brownie mix (one that makes 24 brownies)
2. One can of black beans

Directions:
1. Rinse the black beans and rinse out the can.
2. Put the black beans back into the can and fill it the rest of the way with water.
3. Throw black beans and water into a blender until well blended.
4. Add the black bean and water mixture to brownie mix.
5. Bake according to directions on the back of the brownie box.
6. Grab a plate and chow down.

These are especially good if you pair it with some coconut milk ice cream, like chocolate mint coconut milk ice cream.  Mmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment