Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Green Breakfast Smoothie #1: Cucumber Melon Madness!

Spring brings the idea of lucious fruits and veggies to my mind.  And, after just reading Crazy, Sexy Diet by Kris Carr, I want to do a lot more juicing and blending.  Smoothies have always been on my list of favorite things.  I decided to try making a Cucumber Melon smoothie.

I have to now tell a little story about myself.  For me, I had never heard a canteloupe called a canteloupe until college.  My family called it Mush Melon.  That is all I had ever heard, and it was all I knew it as.  I had never read the labels at the grocery store because I knew what I Mush Melon looked like, no need to read the labels.  I had heard of this mythical canteloupe and was occassionaly curious about it, but not so much so to try and find a picture or anything of the like.  I one day went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant.  For dessert, they had mush melon on their buffet.  I decided to partake in some.  As I was munching away happily on the melon, the person who was with me asks, "How's the canteloupe?" 

In utter confusion, I replied, "Uhm.. I have no clue.  The mush melon is ok though."

This person stares at me, then asks, "You do know that is canteloupe, right?"

I vehemently deny this fact.  I have no idea what canteloupe is, and this  is mush melon I'm eating!  Yeah, I called mom and dad to confirm, and they confirmed that mush melon is in fact canteloupe.  They laughed heartily at my confusion.  But, no matter what, I call it mush melon because that is what feels right.

Anyways, this smoothie was delicious and bright green. 

Ingredients:

1-1/2 c. mush melon, peeled and diced
1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 kiwis, peeled, diced, and frozen
1 banana, peeled, diced and frozen
2 c. baby spinach, kale, or mix of the two
2 Tbsp. flax seed
1 Tbsp. agave necctar

Directions:

1. If you don't have a super awesome blender, like me, blend the melon, cucumber, kiwi and bananas together first. 
2. Add in the spinach/kale and blend again until smooth.
3. Add in the agave and flax seeds, and belend until smooth.
4. Grab a glass and gulp down.

As for pictures, there is none of this concoction because I got a better phone, which will be charging for quite sometime, like tomorrow.  So, I'll get pics of things as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment