Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chocolate and Black Raspberry Raw Muffins

Last night, I was thinking of makin overnight oats, but, much to my chagrin, I had no bananas!  Without bananas, I cannot make the overnight oats.  Instead of going five minutes down the road to the store to get some bananas, I decided to make some more raw muffins.  I thought about what I wanted in them, and, after much debate (about 2 seconds really), I knew I wanted to make chocolate raw muffins with black raspberries in them.  This was a fantastic decision because they were delicious!


Mom declared that these were the best things I have ever made.  They are chocolatey, coconuty, nuty, and the burst of black raspberry in them is just spectacular.  Mom had me take a bite so she could see my face whenever I ate it.  She knew this was one of my new creations and knew that I was going to love it.  Mom didn't try my first raw muffins, so she was thrilled with them. 


For me, these were better than the first only because black raspberries are my favorite.  And they have 100% dark cocoa in them.  That is all that needs to be said really.

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp. cashews or 2 Tbsp. cashew butter
2 Tbsp. walnuts
1 Medjool Date, pitted
1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. agave nectar
2 tsp. dark cocoa powder
3 tsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tsp. chia seeds
Black Raspberries

Directions:

1.  Put a piece of parchment paper on a plate and set aside. 
2.  In a small food processor, add the cashews, walnuts and date.  Pulse until dense crumb is formed.
3.  Add in the coconut oil, agave nectar, vanilla extract, and dark cocoa powder.  Pulse again until smooth.
4. Put mixture in a bowl, and with a spoon, mix in the coconut shreds and chia seeds until well blended and smooth.
5. Using your hands, add in the black raspberries and form the muffin mixture into disc-shapes.  Be sure to disperse the raspberries throughout.
6. Set the disc shaped muffin on the parchment paper.  This should make two muffins.
7. Place in the refrigerator and let set up overnight.
8. In the morning, take one off the parchment paper and chow down!


I need to make more of these.  Like, an army of them.  I need more raw cashews.  Those things are so hard to find! Why must you hate me Food City, with all your roasted cashews and unroasted every other nut imaginable?  I'll just order them online or head to Lexington soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment