Sunday, May 20, 2012

Raw Foods: Virgin Pina Colada Tarts

I promised Jen I would post this recipe a week ago, and I never did.  So, today, I am posting them.


These are my Pina Colada Tarts.  And there were DELICIOUS!  Raw food is simplicity at its best.  And this creation was great.  I was so proud of them.


So far, this is my favorite thing that I have made on my raw foods diet.  It was almost effortless.  Today's post is going to be a short one because I have tons of things left to do, but it is here!

Ingredients:

Crust:

12 Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 c. shredded unsweetened raw coconut

Filling:

1 c. diced pineapple (fresh)
1 banana
6 Medjool dates
2 Tbsp. shredded unsweetened raw coconut

Directions:

For Crust:

1. Add the dates and coconut to the food processor. 
2. Pulse until they are mixed evenly.  You want the mixture a little sticky, but not too sticky.
3. Pinch off pieces and form into little cups.
4. Set into small muffin cups.

For Filling:

1. In the same food processor, add all the filling ingredients and pulse until well mixed.
2. Put filling into crust.
3. Freeze for 1 hour.
4. Take out of the freezer and top with a little extra coconut.  Chow down!

These are scrumptuous and good for anytime.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment