Friday, May 11, 2012

Quick and Easy Pasta Bowl

I have been eating lots more raw foods lately, and I will post some quick and easy lunch salads as well.  I mean, it's not like it's rocket science or anything, but sometimes, posting a simple recipe, makes you think about all the possibilities that are still out there waiting. 

This pasta came about when I realized I was hungry and needed to eat, but my pasta was nowhere near ready.  I decided just to throw a few things in nom while I could.  I made quinoa pasta, so I thought I would do something simple.  And simple things are more often than not some of the best foods.


It was absolutely wonderful.  If you don't like the garlic or are not a lot of garlic, this is a great pasta for you.  It goes together in less than 15 minutes, and this is for a single person.  I couldn't finish all of mine, but I wanted to finish it.

Ingredients:

1 c. cooked quinoa pasta noodles
1 good-sized roma tomato, diced
1 handful of spinach, chopped
juice of half of a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Put the cooked noodles in a bowl.  Add in lemon, salt, and pepper, and stir until well dispersed.
2. Add in the spinach and diced tomato, and mix until well dispersed.
3. Grab a fork, and chow down.

It's quick, easy, and tasty. What more could you need on a lazy evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment